Le chitarre di Bruce

Curiosità, notizie, domande...

« Older   Newer »

1. petrus99

User deleted

Tutte le acustiche che Bruce e la band usano on stage dal 1984 ad oggi sono Takamine. Nel TOL tour credo che usasse una EF341SC.
    La 12 usata per la Born in the USA acustica nei tour recenti è la EF381C.
    Nel D&D tour si è visto con una EF350SMCSB. Nel SS tour tutte le chitarre erano Tak, ma non so dirti i modelli.

In generale sono ottime chitarre da palco, molto versatili e ben suonanti. Certo una Martin è un'altra cosa, ma è molto difficile da far rendere live.
    In studio Bruce incide quasi tutto con la sua fedele Gibson J45.

The guiding principle of a Springsteen show is to deliver salvation and hope through song...

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (Aldo1980 @ 31/12/2006, 02:02)
    qualcuno sa dirmi che marca e modello è la chitarra che Bruce ha usato per l'album Tunnel of Love? Sai, quella nera col bordo bianco. Suppongo che sià un semi-acustica, no?
    Forse mi sbaglio, ma mi sembra di aver letto - tempo fà - che era una Takermine o qualcosa del genere?? :unsure:
    Mi piace molto il suono di quella chitarra.

..la domanda era rimasta lì, grazie e Petrus per averla riesumata..in effetti TAKAMINE e via... e il SSB tour con modelli forse custom o dipinti, però semiacustica non mi sembra un termine appropriato, perchè se non erro semi-acustica significa che ha una cassa sottile ma sempre con le aperture (tipo Gibson 335 per fare un esempio), a differenza delle elettriche vere e proprie che sono "chiuse"....magari impropria descrizione ma rende l'idea forse

Edited by LittleStevenMilano - 31/1/2007, 18:28

3. PinkCadillac

User deleted

in Tunnel of love oltre alla mitica J45 il modello era la Takamine EF341C
    che acustica non è un granchè ma amplificata è bilanciatissima e molto versatile.

personalmente la preferisco alle Martin ( amplificate s'intende)

ma la gibson J45 è il mio sogno (il guaio è che costa una cifra esagerata) :wacko:

ecco la Takamine in questione:

Attached Image
    ef341c.jpg

The guiding principle of a Springsteen show is to deliver salvation and hope through song...

Group
    Administrator

Status
    ..bene, stando in tema CHITARRA ma in senso esteso, ecco su GL due post di Newcastleroy che, rispondendo ad una domanda tipo "In quale concerto/canzone Bruce ha introdotto quella storia dove si parla di dannate chitarre...." ecco che spuntano due intro del 1978 con storielle che riguardano la sua PRIMA chitarra, ed erano per GROWIN UP:

INTRO 1:
    05.07.78 Los Angeles, CA, intro to ‘Growin’Up’

”I remember....one night.....I was coming in kinda late....and....my father used to....wait for me every night in the kitchen....and uh....he’d just be sitting there in the dark, you know, with a six pack of beer , drinking, waiting for me to come in....and I remember I come in....slick my hair back real tight so it didn’t look too long.....and uh....he said ‘Bruce....sit down, I wanna talk to you for a while´....so I sit down, you know....and we start talking ....then we’d always start yelling at each other (chuckles)...pretty soon would be like (?), he would be chasing me....around the kitchen table.....you know....I never made it to the diningroom to be chased around the diningroom table, it was always like (chuckles)...I got into the first room, he chases me around the table.....I’d run out the screen door....round side I got a (?) ....and uh....I still don’t know what the livingroom looks like in the house (chuckles) .....but I’m sure it was very nice (chuckles)....but....one night I was out....you know, I was little boomed (?) , you know.....and.....I looked up in the sky.....and saw this star I never seen before....and for just one moment.....I remember it didn’t last long.....for just one, one second.....
    (….) The other night.....we went down to....saw ‘Buddy Holly Story’....and it was funny because.....I could never picture Buddy Holly....moving....you know it was like, it was always like....like James Dean was in the movies....so he was moving, you know (chuckles).....Buddy Holly....I always used to have a picture of him like standing..... in the old bowtie and the guitar....so....I liked the picture because it made him a lot more.....lot real, a lot more real for me, you know, made him lot more human for me and ....I know it’s funny because there was this one scene in the movie that.....must’ve happened to everybody that.....played the guitar.....or did....(?) they wanted to do , you know, and parents didn’t want ‘em to.....they’re sitting at the kitchen table.....and..... they were talking ‘(?) guitar is ok for a hobby, you know....but you really oughta think about doing something serious, you know’.....and like (chuckles).....you know, that’s what my mother and father used to.....they used to say to me....as I remember for the first.....first two years I played guitar, my father could never even figure out what kinda guitar I was playing.....you know he used to like.....he didn’t know it was a Fender guitar or a Gibson......to him, it was just.....that goddamn guitar....that’s how he used to refer to it.....his head’d stick in, ‘Turn down that goddamn guitar’, you know......he must’ve thought that everything in my room was the same make.....’Turn down that goddamn radio’.....’Take that goddamn record off that goddamn stereo’ (cheers).....you know, ‘Get up off that goddamn bed’....how God could damn so many things in my room I could never figure out (laughter).....but that was....that was always funny, you know.....he didn’t know like....I remember it was getting , it was getting late, you know, I think I was 18 or something, they were saying ‘Listen.....you gotta start thinking ‘bout doing something serious with yourself....guitar is ok for a hobby but..... but you need something to fall back on..... you can do it on the weekends....you know... I think there’s people in my office, they ‘....my mother’d say ‘There’s people in my office, they play on the weekends, why can’t you ?´.....so....I said ‘Well, listen’.....’You just better, what you should do’....my mother was very Italian....and uh......still is (chuckles)....she says ‘Well, you should’ .....(chuckles).....you know and.....’So what you should do, you gotta talk to the priest...you go down to the rectory, I’m gonna call up Father Ray, you talk to the priest, you have a serious discussion about your future with him’, I go ‘Ok’.....’cause my mother wanted me to, no....my father wanted me to be a lawyer, my mother wanted me to be an author.....and they said ‘Now, you go down and you talk to (?) but you don’t tell him nothing ‘bout that goddamn guitar’ ..... so I say ‘Ok, ok’.....so I went down to the rectory....rang the bell....said ‘Hey, Father Ray (?)’ (chuckles).....so he comes up, it was a nice summer day, we were walking around.....and I was telling him, you know.....’My mother wants me to be a lawyer, my father wants me to be a doctor.....but I like to play this guitar’......he said ‘This is a lifelong decision, I don’t really feel qualified to make this, you better talk to God about this.....I’m gonna send you direct to the Big Man’....number one (chuckles) , it’s like.... number two, it’s like (chuckles).....’I’m gonna send you direct to the Big Man....you tell Him about being a lawyer, an author......but’ , he said, ‘don’t tell Him nothing about that guitar’.....said ‘Ok, ok , Father’.....so I used to spend some time, I used to try to think (?) talk to God, where am I gonna talk to Him.....I can’t talk to Him in my bedroom ‘cause I don’t know Him that well, I don’t go to church too much ......(?)..... I can’t talk to Him in church.....figured I’d let (?) get out of the house for a while..... so me and Big Man.....number one or two (chuckles)....he says ‘Listen, you come with me in the car and I will take you out to this place called Crematory Hill which is supposed to be this indian burial ground......and at night in the dark down there , it’s real peaceful.....you can go up (?) and talk to God, you’ll get it straight’, I said ‘Ok’.... so we drove out there.....he didn’t tell me that it was like.....right next to the graveyard ....it’s midnight, spooky as hell....I go ‘Big Man, I’m not gonna go up there tonight’, he says ‘Go on, get , Boss, go on, get up there.....Aren’t you supposed to be so brave and tough ?’ (chuckles).....’Get up on that hill’.....so I said ‘Ok’.....so up the hill I go, I’m shaking and I’m scared (?) , it’s real dark....and finally I find a nice little spot ....and I kneel down, you know....I’m looking up and there’s stars in the sky....I say ‘God.....my mother.....she wants me to be an author, write great books.....or at least, dirty novels and stuff’ (chuckles).....’that’s better than rock and roll’....then I go ‘My father, he wants me to be a lawyer ‘cause he says lawyers they own the world..... but I don’t think they do, you know’.....and....and it was real quiet (?)....I said ‘I got this guitar’.....and it was real quiet for a real long time....and then there was some thunder .....and then there was some lightning....little bit of lightning, please.....and all I heard was this big voice saying.....’Let it rock !’......”

INTRO 2
    07.07.78 Los Angeles, CA, intro to ´Growin´ Up´

´´This is for....a fellow sent me a note backstage.....said he´s here with his son who´s six years old.....are you here anyplace ?....the cat that sent the note ?....is that you ?....it was a fine note....and this was his son´s first rock show or something, a rock concert ?....I forgot his name (chuckles) it was Jason or something and, uh, this is for him and this is for everybody else that´s still growing up....there I was.....gotta get my buttons straight.... there, I got it....there I was one night....just a normal guy....and then....there I was....the next night....goddamn, I was still just a normal guy (?)....
    (....) I think....I ain´t sure.....but I think....my mother and father and my sister, they´re here again tonight....hey, are you guys out there ?....they´re over there ?....for six years they´ve been following me around California, trying to get me to come back home....hey Ma, give it up, huh....give me a break !....they (?)(chuckles)(someone in the crowd: ´Where are they ?´) I don´t know, they´re over there somewhere but (someone in the crowd: ´Get them to take a bow´) you know, they´re still trying to get me to go back to college....everytime I come into the house, you know, ´It´s not too late, you can still go back to college´, they tell me....I say ´Alright, alright, Ma´....but it´s funny ´cause.....when I was....growing up.... there were two things that were unpopular in my house.....one was me....and the other one was my guitar (chuckles) and my father, he used to sit in the kitchen, and we had this grate, like, the heat´s supposed to come through, except it wasn´t hooked up to any, any, like, heating ducts, it was just open, straight down to the kitchen and there was a gas-stove right underneath it....and when I used to start playing, he used to turn on the gasjets and try to smoke me out of my room.....I´d end up out on, out on the roof or something..... and he used to always refer to this guitar, you know, never ´Fender guitar´, ´Gibson guitar´, it was always the ´Goddamn guitar´....(?) he stuck his head in my door, that´s all I´d hear ´Turn down that goddamn guitar´....he used to try to get me to be a lawyer and it was funny ´cause I was in a motorcycle accident when I was 17 and, like, this cat just, you know, ran head on into me and then got out and yelled at me for ruining his Cadillac ....and we had, like, a suit, a legal suit and my father took me down to this lawyer in town, his name was Billy Boyle and he later became mayor, which, and anyway, I went down there and he looked at me and he said ´Oh man, I gotta defend this ?´, I looked about, just about exactly the same way I look right now and, uh (chuckles) and like I remember we were going to court, right, the day of the suit, like, I got, I´m like in a wreck, I just got hit, my leg´s messed up, and I remember my lawyer telling me ´If I was the judge, I´d find you guilty´, you know....I don´t know for what, for being, just for being there, I guess, you know (chuckles)(?) but anyway....my father´d always say ´You know, you should be a lawyer, you know, you get, get a little something for yourself´, you know, and my mother ....you know, she used to say ´No, no, no, no, he should be, he should be an author, he should write books, you know, you should, that´s a good life, you can get a little something for yourself´, but like what they didn´t understand was, was that I wanted everything....(a woman yells: ´You got it´) and....so, you guys, one of you guys wanted a lawyer and the other one wanted an author, well, tonight youse are both just gonna have to settle for rock´n´roll....´´[/font]

Group
    Administrator

Status
    http://www.sd-toys.com/collections/fenderc.../item01pho.html

Group
    Administrator

Status
    sul forum cugino francese, quello dove Margaud comanda..c'è unrecente topic che aprla di chitarre....
    copiamo e traduciamo qualche pezzo interessante....

Questa è una Esquire 1963 (cream). la vernice non è quella originale, i pickup anche, la chitarra è stata utilizzata solo nell'albume THE RIVER e fa parte della collezioe di Gary Tallent, in vendita per ca. $50.000.

ecco una foto

Group
    Administrator

Status
    qui una specie di riassunto da GL, da Earthslayer, che riprende cose già dette e messe insieme in risposta alla domanda di un nuovo utente

CITAZIONE (Earthslayer @ 20/12/2007, 10_46)
    Here's some info with some beef in it. I've put this together from several different discussion sources - I've eliminated some of the extremely technical jargon to make it more enjoyable and digestable for the average reader, who probably doesn't want to read highly nerdy info. An ode of debt to Bluetel and Mr Dangerous for much of the following info.

WHAT IS 'THE GUITAR' ?

It's not actually a Fender ‘Telecaster’. It's a heavily modified Fender 'Esquire'.

The Fender 'Esquire' was essentially a budget-priced, 'poor man’s' version of the Fender 'Telecaster'. The Esquire had only one pick-up – the Telecaster model, on the other hand, had two pickups. Springsteen's guitar has had a second pick-up custom-installed. The decal on the headstock, of course, says 'Esquire'.

Depending on the source one is reading the year of manufacture for Springsteen's famous 'Esquire' is usually noted as being either 1952 or 1953 or 1954 (with ’53 and ’54 being the most popular). Which year is right? Well, actually they may all be right. ;) We definitely have a hybrid situation in play here.

There's more than one way to determine the date of manufacture for early Fenders - and they don't always point to the same date. For example, on the same guitar one might see a 1952 body, a 1953 neck and a 1954 assembly date. So it’s possible that all three years have basis in fact. Even Phil Petillo and Springsteen’s guitar technicians have stated contradictory years for that famous 'Esquire' guitar. This is telling. It may even be difficult for a vintage expert from Fender to date it definitively because of all the modifications that have been made.

On Fender’s guitars from the early 1950’s the serial numbers are virtually meaningless. The minor differences in the knobs and other hardware can allow one to make an educated guess, but that can be misleading at times too. Since there's so little original left of Springsteen's famous 'Esquire', it’s difficult to nail one date down.

On Springsteen’s famous Fender 'Esquire' guitar the serial number includes an asterisk (*) – what this asterisk means is that the guitar was originally a factory reject. That may seem bizarre (i.e., the irony of a factory reject becoming so famous), but it's not really that unusual. Springsteen’s famous guitar wouldn't have left the Fender factory with any more than a minor flaw. The real rejects ended up in the dumpster.

WHAT WAS THE OWNERSHIP HISTORY OF 'THE GUITAR' ?

In the late 1960's Bruce's famous 'Esquire' guitar then-belonged to a recording studio in New York. At that point the guitar had already been modified to be a stereo guitar with 4 pick-ups. In very high resolution pictures one can see the second output jack or the plugged hole where it once was. This NY studio then sold the 'Esquire' to a guitar maker in NJ named Phil Petillo. Mr Petillo brought the guitar back up to snuff, working his own magic on it in the process. Petillo put the Esquire up for sale at his shop. Springsteen bought the 'Esquire' from Petillo's shop for $185.

The above-noted purchase event is beyond question – however the date of Bruce’s purchase is still under good-natured dispute/confusion ;) – it was sometime between mid-1969 and mid-1972, that's for certain. Bear in mind that this was a helluva long time ago and it’s easy for the key players in the story to forget that precise timeframe. Petillo had once recalled from memory (not a sales receipt) that Bruce’s purchase was in 1969 or 1970......but photographic evidence and evidence from others who were hangin’ out with Springsteen during this period point to a later (mid 1971 to mid 1972) purchase.

All known Springsteen performance photos from spring 1969 thru mid 1971 that have ever surfaced show Springsteen playing a yellow 1968 Gibson ‘Les Paul’. This was Springsteen's primary (possibly exclusive) concert guitar during his CHILD-STEEL MILL period. Springsteen was living and sometimes working at Tinker West’s Challenger Surfboard factory during this period and Springsteen actually refinished the Les Paul with surfboard resin a couple of times – that's the reason the 'Les Paul' guitar looks slightly different shades of yellow in various photos….same guitar though.

In August 1971 the Gibson 'Les Paul' seemed to mysteriously disappear from view. It’s not seen in any known photos from September 1971 onwards. From September 1971 to April 1972 Bruce is seen playing a variety of different guitars – but neither a Gibson ‘Les Paul’ or that famous Fender ‘Esquire’. Was this some kind of transition period? From the available evidence it sure appears to have been. However by mid 1972 (the Greetings LP Sessions at 914 Sound Studios) the Fender Esquire suddenly appears on the scene. And it was definitely the electric guitar used from the start of the Greetings Tour (Oct 1972) onwards. There are performance photos of Bruce in Jan and Feb 1973 and Bruce is definitely using the famous 'Esquire'.

From the start of the GREETINGS Tour up though the end of the BITUSA Tour the famous Esquire was used 99.9% of the time – but, yes, there are photos from this era of Bruce using alternative models onstage – those photos are few and far between though. All that usage took a heavy toll on the Esquire. The guitar was in beautiful-looking shape when Springsteen first started using it. The major chip in the finish on the face of the guitar first appeared during the Darkness tour. Since then its cosmetic appearance has continually deteriorated, to the point that it now looks like salvage from a fire. There's virtually nothing left of the original guitar except the wood. There's virtually no finish left on the backside, and Bruce's sweat has stained the wood an unnatural color. The face of the guitar doesn't look much better either. And that makes the guitar beautiful. It testifies :lol: .

Springsteen still has any major work on the guitar done by Phil Petillo, the same guy he bought the guitar from all those years ago. One might say that it has become more of a Petillo guitar than a Fender guitar. These days it sports Petillo custom pick-ups, Petillo custom frets, Petillo custom string tree, etc, etc.

How much does Bruce love that damn guitar? Well, he has Petillo reshape the necks on all his guitars to match the dimensions of that famous Esquire's neck. ;)

Group
    Administrator

Status
    ..solitamente mettiamo queste notizie n FLASH/PILLOLE, però faccciamo una eccezione indicando anche nella sezione GUITARS per uno strumento autografato in asta per beneficenza

Signed Boss guitar to be raffled for charity
    March 25, 2008

The Community FoodBank of New Jersey is offering fans the chance to own a guitar autographed by The Boss himself.

A 1952 reissue Fender Telecaster guitar signed by Bruce Springsteen is the centerpiece of the 2008 Blue Jean Ball Grand Prize Raffle Drawing.

Raffle tickets can be purchased for $25 each (or five for $100), with all proceeds benefiting the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, whose mission is to alleviate the effects of hunger and poverty in New Jersey, according to a press release.

The grand prize raffle drawing will take place April 12 at the FoodBank's Blue Jean Ball, to be held at 31 Evans Terminal Road in Hillside.

Participants do not have to be present to win.

To purchase raffle tickets, contact the FoodBank at [email protected] or (908) 355-3663, ext. 292.

For more information, visit www.njfoodbank.org

Group
    Administrator

Status

..alla domanda fatta su BTX "da quando bruce ha iniizato ad usare chitarre diverse rispetto alla sua "storica", dal 1992/93 tour?" ecco una delle risposte, che mi sembra pertinente

CITAZIONE
    Esquire-Research

Posted: May 20, 2008 10:35 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce has always had backup guitars for on stage use. During the BTR tour, Bruce pulled out an old Fender Electric XII (Then She Kissed Me).

I think htis guitar also showed up during the Darkness tour as well. Bruce did have backup Teles/Equires that got stage use especially starting with the Darkness tour.

These were mostly blonde guitars. Bruce did occasionally use a Strat as a backup during some Darkness shows (One fo the LA shows comes to mind), at this point I am not sure if was acutally a guitar Bruce owns or if it was one of Steve's back ups.

I did see Bruce with a Strat in a Lynn Goldsmith photo shoot (shot in a photo studio), during the Darkness era. That makes me beleive it may have been Bruce's own guitar.

A sunburst Tele showed up during the River tour (this is the earliest I have been able to track it down, but it could have shown up earlier).

The sunbust tele is a standard tele/Esquire with a sunburst finish (a custom color for a tele/esquire) and not a Telecaster Custom like Bruce is using now. The Custom models have white binding on the edges and a rosewood neck.

The "Naked Lady" guitar showed up duirng the LT/HT tour. Bruce found that guitar during a photo shoot that the guitar was rented for. The guitar had been sold prior to the photo shoot and Bruce had to track the new owner down and buy it.

The 52 Reiissue Telecasters Bruce has been using first started showing up during the Greatest Hits recording sessions, at least as far as I can determine. Bruce starting using these on stage during the reunion tour. Reportedly, Fender gave Bruce several of these guitars prior to the tour. Some were modified with a Bigsby vibrato prior to Risiing tour.

Hope that helps!

Group
    Administrator

Status
    con lo spunto di un quiz, ecco altre cose sulle Brcue Guitars, messe da renato TeleCaster su dvdtree

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Esquire

+ dal forum del sito ufficiale Fender: qui dice che il corpo è del 53, io la sapevo del fine 54 inizio 55...cmque...

(This was posted by bobk here and at fenderforum)

the '53 esquire is wired with Petillo customwound pickups(15.6k bridge,8.5k neck) thru a custom preamp(output bosst/tone control expander)the hardware is titanium, made by petillo, the neck is a medium V with the contour extending all the way to the neck pocket, this is the neck that all of his stage guitars are reshaped to fit, the neck is finished front and back with a tinted sealer that protects the neck but feels like bare wood, the fingerboard is 14" radius...he uses Petillo Precision frets on ALL his guitars, they are triangle shaped and allow for both PERFECT intonation as well as easier bending and more sustain and clarity, the nut is bone, the string trees are custom made by Petillo out of aluminum, the jackplate is square and has holes drilled in it near the corners to allow drainig of the control cavity which freqently fills up with sweat/water during bruces shows...Bruce DOES NOT use bardens in the old 53 but does use them in 6 or so of his current stage guitars, there is a large space routed under the pickguard of the 53 as this guitar was originally outfitted with FOUR pickups and TWO output jacks(one of which was plugged years ago)

the decal was put in the wrong place....this guitar was originally sold as "second"....bought by a recording studio and fitted with 4 pickups and 2 output jacks.they used to charge the person who was "forced" to use it for the sessions and charge on a per track basis(the fee x 4 ) ....the studio was busted in a payola scandal and was forced to sell all of its guitars...Phil Petillo bought the guitar and several others.he sold it to Bruce in 1969 for
    $185.00!!!!!!it has big rout under the pickguard a lil bigger than two humbuckers......the guitar is fitted with custom wound hot single coil
    pickups(15k plus for the bridge) and active boost/tone controls.it has an ivory nut,schaller non locking tuners,custom made Petillo aluminum string trees(round),Petillo Precison Frets(triangle shape-space age alloy),Titanium
    Bridge saddles&screws,Titanium Jack plate,the body is one piece and VERY light..original nitro finish which has turned almost completely gray on the back from sweat.The V shape of the neck extends ALL the way to the neck joint.he sets his action VERY low on this tour and strings with .010 guage strings(Petillos own brand-very bright long lasting stainless steel)

5teles:guitars are shipped whole to petillo just like they would be bought off the rack and he reshapes,refrets,rewires,routes etc etc at his shop..the fingerboard radius is done the same time as the refret as is the special neck finish,bone nut,special string trees,reshaping of the back of the neck to match the profile of the '53 Esquire

This info can be useful:
    The following information is taken from an article "The E Street Band's
    Equipment" by Dave Marsh, "Musician" No. 30, February 1981.

Guitars: 1954 Esquire, modified with extra Telecaster
    pick-up (THE guitar); 1956 Telecaster (spare); 1954 Tele-
    caster (spare); Ovation six-string acoustic; two Rickenback-
    er 12-string electric, 1958 Gibson J-200 Acoustic guitar
    (this is the same guitar as Elvis's original, and was a gift
    from crew members Mike Batlan, Marc Brickman and Bob Chirm-
    side). Amps: Four pre-CBS Fender Bassman amps, ca.
    1958-1962; two Peavey Vintage amps (imitation Bassmans) --
    one of each is used onstage under the drum riser. Also: a
    prime time digital delay and harmonizer and an MXR distor-
    tion box. The Fender Esquire is modified with a battery op-
    erated impedence transformer for long cable lengths. Infor-
    mation supplied by Mike Batlan, who also notes that there is
    an asterisk in front of the Esquire's serial number, indi-
    cating that is was a factory reject, probably originally
    sold as a reject.

End of info from "Musician" No. 30, February 1981

------------------------------------------------

The following information is taken from "Musician" Magazine, No. 169,
    November 1992. It was an insert box accompanying a Springsteen interview
    by Bill Flanagan.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN's vocal mike is an Onyx capsule with a
    Sony transmitter. He plays Hohner Marine Band harmonicas.
    His main guitar is a 1953 Fender Esquire. Onstage he also
    uses Telecasters from '54, '58 and a new acquisition from
    '63 with a decal of a naked oriental woman on the back. That
    one was rented as a prop for a photo shoot in New York. Lat-
    er on Bruce couldn't get it out of it his head, finally
    telling Kevin Buell, his guitar tech, "I don't know what it
    sounds like but it felt great." Unfortunately all Bruce knew
    about the guitar was that it was "a black Tele with a naked
    lady." It was tracked through the photographer to the shop
    where it was rented, but it was already sold. Bruce bought
    it back from the guy who bought it. Bruce uses a Samson
    wireless system which passes through a Rockman SP-1OO sus-
    taining preamp on its way to a single Marshall cabinet (with
    four 12s) which is miked with a Shure SM57 and a 341. Bruce
    is almost apologetic about how simple his effects are. "l
    have a very fundamental set-up on the guitar. There's a
    loud button and a louder one and a louder one than that --
    and that's it! The elaborate guitar set-ups are amazing!
    There's a wall! A rack of things that all do something. I'd
    like to know what all that stuff does but it's too late now.
    It allows you an enormous amount of control but I don't know
    if I have the patience to sit down and learn it." Bruce's
    three options are a Boogie Mark 2 for leads, a SansAmp, and
    a Boss digital delay. Sitting under the stage, activated by
    hand by a tech on special occasions, are a Boss Turbo-Over-
    drive pedal (OD-2), a Boss flanger (BF-2) and a Boss power
    supply and master switch (PSM-5). On his electric guitars
    Bruce uses Dean Markley strings (.010, .013, .016, .030,
    .038, .048).
    --------------------
    the first article was mostly correct AT THE TIME,the second was deliberately misleading,and as for now,they do NOT use isolation booths for amps...they are ONstage......currently the setup is:guitar->sony digital wireless->Petillo Dist/boost/presence boost)->Petillo phase shifter->2 Mesa/Boogie MkIII heads(1 set for clean tones,1 used for Dist Tones)->Rockman stereo chorus&lexicon Lxp-15 in f/x loop->marshall 4x12 cab w/ celestian 30's

I have to add that what you see on stage doesn't need to be what you hear through the PA or in records. Many bands has isolated booths backstage (or under the stage) with miked amps that go to the house PA and to tape.

For instance, I doubt that what the bass tone we hear in Live in NYC comes from the Hartke head and cabs that Garry uses on stage. His signal sure is sent to tape through a nice DI box and then they can re-amp it in the studio if it is needed. Same can be done to the guitars.

Group
    Administrator

Status
    dato che su BTX recentemente qualcuno ha cheisto "Bruce ha mai suonato una GIBSON"..e dato che nell'odierno filmato di MY LUCKY DAY una Gibson..tè..si vede!!! :rolleyes:

Ecco le foto postate da altri relative allo Steel Mill period....

Prima un indizio da SONGS

CITAZIONE
    In the "Songs" book, there is a picture of Bruce in his late teens/early twenties sitting on his bed with a les paul. I am assuming that he played one when he was with Steel Mill, but I can't recall from the pictures I've seen of them playing. Since then I don't think I've really seen one, but I'm sure he probably has one or several at home.

ed eccone alcune

E una con bruce dal D&D Tour, ma è una GRETSCH (quella vista a Milano era bianca, qui è rossa)

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (LittleStevenMilano @ 1/12/2008, 20:44)
    dato che su BTX recentemente qualcuno ha cheisto "Bruce ha mai suonato una GIBSON"..e dato che nell'odierno filmato di MY LUCKY DAY una Gibson..tè..si vede!!! :rolleyes:

tra l'altro c'è un link ad un sito dove, in una sottosezione GUITARS ci sono info interessanti e qualche piccola foto

http://www.bruce-springsteen.tk/

Group
    Administrator

Status
    su BTX Jeremy ha riepilogato/linkato vari threads dove si parlava di chitarre etc.... da questi, alcune foto

Metto qui due foto che mostrano abbastanza bene "LA" chitarra, ovvero quella storica, rovinata, bruciata dal suodre e che ormai viene utilizzata raramente.

Già negli anni '80 nei poster e nelle foto (allora internet..non c'era) ricordo che quel difetto/gibollo la caratterizzava come "la chitarra di bruce" per noi fans

L'ultima apparizione sembra essere (a memoria di Jeremy) Oakland 2008

Oakland

e un'altra foto ravvicinata dove si vede bene quanto è "rovinata"..ma preziosa (valore...inestimabile, manco Red Ronnie se la può comprare)

CITAZIONE (LittleStevenMilano @ 1/12/2008, 20:44)

tra i primi a notarla...eccomi (ma è una dlle mie preferite, una dllle poche che "consoco" la Gibson 335..)

Ad ogni modo, da quel video una rassegna di "chitarre vis am non è detto che siano suonate nel video stesso"

da btx
    CITAZIONE
    Guitars in Lucky Day video
    by Esquire-Research on Dec 02, 2008 12:56 am

Ok, I have to watch this a few more times to get some of these down, but after a couple of views, this is what I have seen:

1. Gibson J200 accoustic (probably the one given to Bruce by his crew back around Darkness - looks like it has lost it's pickguard)
    2. Small body accoustic - I want to say a Martin 000, but it could be the Takamine he has been using
    3. Gibson ES335 sunburst - if this is what I think it is, this was a big surprise. First evidence I have found of Bruce using a Gibson electric in the studio since the Steel Mill days.
    4. I think I saw a quick shot of the Esquire!!! In any case, it was a Telecaster, but it looked to me to be the Esquire ....
    5. Toward the end, I did see something with a Rickenbacker neck, it was probably the Rick 12 string Steve has been using on stage in the past few tours (probably a Tom Petty signature model)

With the editing, it's possblie that some of these guitars were not used on Lucky Day, but used on other songs. But, a very interesting selection of guitars for us guitar freaks out there!

PS: This is by no means a definative listing. If you come across anything you can correct, please do!!

Group
    Administrator

Status
    questo link per davide "JerseyDevil". anche se le info magari non sono le più aggiornate...

http://www.uberproaudio.com/content/view/161/38/1/1/

Bruce Springsteen Guitar Gear rig and Equipment

Bruce Springsteen, is one hell of a singer, songwriter and guitarist. Playing with the E Street Band, Springsteen is most widely known for his brand of heartland rock infused with pop hooks, poetic lyrics, and Americana sentiments centered around his native New Jersey.

We know him as "The Boss". With a name like that he must have one hell of a guitar rig. We spent tons of time researching Bruce Springsteen's guitar gear rig and equipment. Surprisingly there is less info out there than one would think. Our journey involved days of surfing, and even translating foreign languages to English! We got a good collection of stuff he has used and currently uses. If anyone can add to this, please let us know.

Our work paid off. Let's see what Bruce Springsteen's Guitar Gear rig and Equipment looks like.

Go to the next page to see the layout of Bruce Springsteen's rig.

qui copio alcune descrizioni

Amplifiers:

Fender Bassman
    Bruce owns at least four of these amps. They are models from the years (ca.) 1958-62.

Marshall Cabinet (4x12")
    This amp is used for the overdriven and distorted sounds onstage. Bruce has at least two of these. Onstage they can be found under the drum riser. They are miked with Shure SM57 and Sennheiser a341 microphones.

Mesa Boogie Mark 3
    Bruce owns at least two of these amps. He uses them for the overdriven and distorted sounds onstage and the clean sounds as well. It is said that it's miked with a Shure SM57.

Peavey Vintage
    This amp is an imitation of the Fender Bassman. Bruce owns two of these. One of each was used onstage under the drum riser during the earlier tours ("Darkness on the Edge of Town", "The River", etc.)

Rivera Chubster
    Onstage this amp is used for the clean sounds ((mostly) for the acoustic guitars). It is said that it is miked with a Shure SM57.

Rockman SP-100
    I do not have any information on this amplifier. I just read about it somewhere.

VOX AC30
    I am not sure if it is Bruce's or Shane Fontayne's (guitarist during the "Human Touch/ Lucky Town" tour) amp. As it's placed very close to the middle of the stage, I'd say it is Bruce's one.

... the VOX is left ...

Miking:

Audix OM-3
    Since the "Reunion" tour 99/ 00 Bruce and the band use this microphones onstage. Previously he used "Shure" mikes.

Onyx Capsule
    Bruce used this mike with a "Sony Transmitter" during the "Human Touch/ Lucky Town" tour and maybe also for the "Tunnel of Love" tour. It was mentioned in the "Musician" magazine, No. 169, November 1992.

Shure SM57
    Bruce has many of these mikes. He used him ever since for miking the amps.

Shure 341
    This one is used to mike one of the Marshall Cabinet amplifiers onstage.

Pedals:

Boogie Mark 2
    Bruce uses this pedal to select the input line of his guitar (wireless or lead).

BOSS BF-2
    This effect pedal is activated by hand by a tech on special occasions under the stage.

BOSS CS
    I do not have any information on this effect pedal. It can be seen in the "Blood Brothers" video at the end of the recording of "Secret Garden" in the back (it lies on the rack that stands behind Bruce).

BOSS DD
    This effect pedal is one of the few during the "Human Touch/ Lucky Town" tour that Bruce activated himself onstage.
    Bruce is almost apologetic about how simple his effects are. "I have a very fundamental set-up on the guitar. There's a loud button and a louder one and a louder one than that - and that's it! The elaborate guitar set-ups are amazing! There's a wall! A rack of things that all do something. I'd like to know what all that stuff does but it's too late now. It allows you an enormous amount of control but I don't know if I have the patience to sit down and learn it."

BOSS OD-2
    This turbo-overdrive effect pedal is activated by hand by a tech on special occasions under the stage.
    It can be seen in the "Blood Brothers" video while "Back in Your Arms" is recorded (it lies on the rack that stands behind Bruce).

BOSS PSM-5
    This power supply and master switch pedal is activated by hand by a tech on special occasions under the stage.

Lexicon LXP-15 Delay
    Bruce used this delay pedal during "The Rising" tour. It's activated by Kevin Buell (Bruce's guitar tech) under the stage.

MXR distortion box
    He used this effect pedal during "The Rising" tour onstage. It's activated by Kevin Buell (Bruce's guitar tech) under the stage.

Petillo Dist/ Boost/ Treble Boost
    This effect pedal was built by Phil Petillo especially for Bruce. Kevin Buell is 'allowed' to activate it under the stage.

Rockman Chorus
    I do not have any information on this pedal, I just read about it somewhere. It's activated by Kevin Buell under the stage.

Misc.:

D'Addario Strings
    These strings Bruce uses for all his acoustic guitars.

Dean Markley Strings
    .010-0.48. These strings he uses for all his electric guitars.

Fender Heavy Guitarpicks
    Bruce used these guitarpicks during his whole career.

... the guitarpicks are fixed to the microphone-stand ...

Hohner Marine Band Harmonicas
    These are his famous harmonicas. He nearly uses all keys, mostly the ones in: "G major" (e.g. on "This Hard Land", "The River", etc.); "C major" (e.g. on "Born to Run (acoustic)" etc.); "D major" (e.g. on "The Ghost of Tom Joad", "Blood Brothers" and for lots of parts of the "Nebraska" album); and "F major" (e.g. on "Thunder Road").

NADY Quad Pack 700
    These transmitters were used during the "Born in the USA" tour for all guitars.

Petillo Custom Wound Pickups
    This pickups were built by Phil Petillo. Bruce uses them for nearly all his electric guitars (15.6k bridge, 8.5k neck).

Sony Digital Wireless Transmitter
    Since the "Human Touch/ Lucky Town" tour Bruce uses Sony transmitters for all microphones and guitars. It was mentioned in the "Musician" magazine, No. 169, November 1992.

Teleprompter
    Bruce uses the teleprompters if he forgets the lyrics.

Group
    Administrator

Status
    CITAZIONE (LittleStevenMilano @ 4/12/2008, 07:33)
    L'ultima apparizione sembra essere (a memoria di Jeremy) Oakland 2008

St.Paul

era St.Paul l'ultma "apparizione", non Oakland

44 replies since 17/11/2005, 23:26   2601 views